Sep 28 2009

Xanthos Stroking Limit

Published by at 8:01 pm under News,Uncategorized

As of September 24th, Howrse put a five-stroke limit on Xanthos stroking. Howrse claims that it takes up 10% of the server, causing the site to slow down. I have been playing since there were fewer than 100 links and I have never noticed a difference in speed.

Most players, like myself, think that Howrse put a limit since they are loosing possible purchases. Think about it – every time you win, you receive a Horn of Plenty and 1,000 equus. In that Horn of Plenty, you have the chance of winning Black Market items worth a lot of passes, causing you not to spend money on purchasing passes. Howrse also stated that every second, an Xanthos is being stroked ten times, which “could damage other features as a result”.

Do you think this was fair for Howrse to do this? Is it because of server problems or financial problems? If you would like to make the limit higher, feel free to comment/vote on my feedback entry.

9 Responses to “Xanthos Stroking Limit”

1. Averygirl101on 28 Sep 2009 at 8:54 pm

hi! I love horse but i can’t seem to keep my ponys alove. lol…… add me! I”m Averygirl101!

2. Jessicaon 04 Oct 2009 at 2:25 pm

Well.. if it is financial problems it might be necessary to have it, since this is what they earn money to drive the side and now support the donkeys. But they should make the limit higher, like 10-15 or something like that since Xanthos can help poor members to keep playing and have fun on the game.
    But they could have a limit on how many times you can win during the day if/or you are lucky. That should be a better thing in my opinion.

3. Koriat Cyredanthemon 08 Nov 2009 at 7:53 pm

I agree – the limit should definitely be higher. I wish I could stroke more than 5 Xanthos’s a day.

4. tulipon 22 Mar 2010 at 6:00 pm

How can you get xanthos or other divine horses on howrse I can’t figure it out!

5. Jessicaon 22 Mar 2010 at 6:48 pm

It all depends – for Xanthos, Sleipinirs, the Cowbra, and Ice Horses, they aren’t available for purchase anymore, unless if you buy them from a player on the game. The first three listed came from card packs. Ice Horses and Harlequins were only available through buying passes. You can’t purchase an Ice Horse at all as they are unsellable. However, you can still purchase a Harlequin with actual money by buying 10 passes, tomorrow, Tuesday March 23. (Might want to double check on that before purchasing the passes, just to make sure you will receive one.)

There is only one Cowbra on horse and the owner does not plan on selling him. As I said before, Ice Horses cannot be purchased as well. You can purchase Harlequins, Xanthos, and Sleipnirs, but they usually go for 1.5 to 2.5 million equus in the auctions or 200,000e and 20 passes in the Private Sales.

6. Jessicaon 26 Jul 2010 at 5:35 pm

Ok, this is off topic, but is anyone still having problems with the server?? for the last 2 days I have not been able to get on Howrse at all…it just keeps loading and loading and loading….

I know they were doing maintenance on it over the weekend, but do not know if they are still working on issues, or are done since I can’t get onto the site to check….I have a mare about to foal, and this is driving me crazy.

7. Jessicaon 26 Jul 2010 at 9:38 pm

If you don’t do actions with your mare, you’ll be fine.

I’ve been on Howrse for two days straight and I didn’t have any problem. It’s probably your browser. Try clearing cache/cookies.

8. friendz4ever9572on 14 Oct 2010 at 8:24 pm

I don’t think it’s right, but i mean i makes sense why they are doing it. But why did they do that in the first place? It was their idea and all.

9. Jessicaon 16 Oct 2010 at 10:33 am

Adding the stroking limit? They said it took up too much server space.