Jun 03 2010

Endless Possibilites for New Players

Published by at 11:02 am under black market items,E-mail Newsletter,News

Each day I come back from the barn, my little brother always asks me about it, so I decided to help him create a Howrse account.

New Mascot!

As soon as he created an account, the tutorial popped up. This takes you on 26 or more quests, showing you your way around Howrse. You learn different things like aging, feeding, and performing daily activities with your Howrse. It takes you a bit around the site, but only to the Black Market, your page, the competitions page, and the store. I was a bit shocked it didn’t really mention anything about the Forums. It did provide a nice introduction though for new players.

New players receive many items throughout this tutorial as well – they get over 3,000e, tack, BM items like P. Stone, Eolus’ Wind, and a Chronos Timer, and plenty of aging points and turnips. One thing I noticed when my brother had to apply the Eolus’ Wind is that that was the only item he had to apply; the C. Timer and P. Stone were already added to the horse. I’m very happy that Howrse did that so players won’t just make an account to receive more BM items. There are also some new BM items that many of you have heard about but never seen. Theses kind of take the place for achievements for young players since they give them a kick start. These two pass items include:

• Gaia Foal – an object to give you a second horse of your choice
  • New Howrsian Pack – a pack that includes aging points, turnips, mashes, etc. and the chance to create an affix
  • Business Key – access to private sales and auctions, creating an EC, and you don’t need to pass riding levels**

**Based on this and how the achievements are disappearing, I’m guessing that maybe Howrse will take the riding levels away too? Leave your opinion in the comments below.

Of course, my brother only went on for 30 minutes to get around the site. After he completed the tutorial, he decided to log off and ignore it. That’s pretty much expected from him; Howrse did do a good job trying to lure him in though!

Below are some of the quests that you go on, if you would like to see: (Click each image to enlarge it. The last one shows how the tutorial continues even when visiting different pages)

22 Responses to “Endless Possibilites for New Players”

1. sellyelly101on 09 Aug 2011 at 11:12 am

when the pegasus account is gone nothing really happens! you can just buy another one.

2. Norseon 10 Aug 2011 at 12:01 pm

Celine your account goes back to a normal account.

Any breeding farms you’ve created over an above the amount you’re supposed to have (max 6) will be deleted and those horses moved back to “no breeding farm”. That is pretty much it.

3. Caoinon 31 Mar 2012 at 7:26 pm

So, after going through the tutorial quests once on the International server, I started an account on the US server. I’m now on Quest No. 10 on that server and need to board my foal at an EC. I would like to board my foal at the best possible EC I can, but when you go to register your foal, it doesn’t give you the search option as part of the quest.

Does anyone know why it doesn’t let you use the search feature for the quest? And does anyone have any tips on how I can get around having to board my foal at what usually basically amounts to a newly started EC, because those are pretty much the only options I have available when I check. I can’t seem to get any good options without the search feature.

I would really like to start my foal off right on this server by finding a good EC.

4. Lilyon 23 Oct 2012 at 8:20 pm

i can’t give chronos timer to my horse ow gave it to me and i can’t take it

5. Livleeon 14 Sep 2013 at 5:08 pm

I quit the tutorial. Is there anyway to start the tutorial again if I wanted to?

6. Jessicaon 15 Sep 2013 at 2:25 pm

@Livlee: no I don’t believe you can restart the tutorial.

7. alessandaon 06 Jul 2015 at 1:51 am

i want to get many free keys and passes from the black market and i think the tutorial should go on longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!