Jul 03 2010

Major Upgrade on July 6th

Howrse is having yet again another major upgrade. Here’s some quick points on what will be happening:

1. Achievements will be deleted – those who are on/passed level 7 will still keep the notification on their page.
  2. Removal of unhatched eggs – family that registered under your user name will be added to your friends list
  3. Co-management system with friends will be added – you can now connect with people on your friends list. Make sure you trust a person 100% before bonding accounts with them!
  4. New rankings layout – basically a more modern update; the horses rankings will receive tabs
  5. Grand Prix Bonuses will be once again found in Horns of Plenty – will always be available; they aren’t limited
  6. Notification on a horse’s page of how many clouds they have received
  7. Possibility to sell all items to the store at once – drop down list will give you the option to sell all quantities of the product.

Update coming on July 22:

~The vet job position will be removed from the game, making it easier for players to fill in jobs for equestrian centers. I find this to be a great idea since I’ve had to have a temporary vet for two months now. xD The impact this job had on prestige will now be distributed throughout other points. (I would expect to see some new EC features possibly!)

~The competitions will become a little more challenging by adding a loss of morale. (Having a higher morale will give the horse more skill gain, completing training faster.) The loss will be calculated according to the placement of the horse in the competition and the seniority of the player. Many players are upset with this, since it will create problems with the horse the next day, as the loss of morale will be added after the competition has been completed. It will take a day of rest after each day of training to get the morale back to 100%. Unless if apples will give a higher morale, things aren’t looking too good with this feature.

11 Responses to “Major Upgrade on July 6th”

1. celtic_ghirlon 04 Jul 2010 at 3:10 am

I really don’t want them to take away my egg! I want a Falabella called Klein! :( he’s really cute…

2. KaY kAyon 05 Jul 2010 at 1:17 am

Oh no!!! :( I want a fallabella, and i want to name him jellybean… and i want to finish the acheivements and get my Croesus… and I also want to not have people know how many clouds my horses have!! boo howrse! So we can finish the acheivement if we are on level 7?? xD yayy! Now me and my friends can share an acct! xD

3. Jessicaon 05 Jul 2010 at 8:33 am

Sorry you can’t rename a Divine/Special horse. Also, if you did get to level 10, you would not be able to get a Croesus since they have all been rewarded already (there were only about 200). No you can’t finish achievements – they will all be deleted. If you passed level seven, it will say that you were higher up on the achievement levels on your page.

4. celtic_ghirlon 05 Jul 2010 at 4:12 am

you can’t name them I don’t think…. but that would be cool anyway! ;) Same I want a Croesus… :(

5. hidden angleon 05 Jul 2010 at 2:08 pm

why are they getting rid of the achievements??? there like the best part of the game!!!!!! are they bringing in new ones!!

6. Jessicaon 05 Jul 2010 at 2:21 pm

Not that I know of. :(

7. HowrsePlayeron 05 Jul 2010 at 2:32 pm

This is wrong. It is past 6th july and my egg is still there. Please check your info before posting it on your website.

8. Jessicaon 05 Jul 2010 at 2:33 pm

How else could I write a post without checking information? Please check your time zone before commenting. They will be deleted by tomorrow’s update.

9. KaY kAyon 05 Jul 2010 at 10:37 pm

ugh… :( I renamed my Harlie! I dont get it..

10. Brandy/brandygon 07 Jul 2010 at 10:29 am

I don’t really understand the doing away with achievements!! I have spent a lot of REAL money just to pass them, they were the only thing that tempted me into buying passes. They’ll have to keep doing some kind of promo to promote pass purchase, for example, why bother trying to improve EC ranking if you don’t get anything for your trouble? Sorry, I’m frustrated & venting!!!

11. Jessicaon 07 Jul 2010 at 11:14 am

I totally understand – I can’t believe they did this either. I’m not even a pass buyer, but I was so tempted to get some for my EC! Luckily I was able to survive on passes from Pass Horses, beating Level 7 achievements, and from layouts. I got in the top 500 ranking for my EC the day before they were removing it. Luckily they had the update so I was able to get the two meadows and scarecrows :D I hope they have something similar.