Jul 20 2010

Achievements Gone, Objectives Welcomed

Update 3.3.0 came a bit earlier than expected. With this upgrade, there were a few surprises that we didn’t know of.

There are some little things like..

• your notepad is now in your messaging system
  • your equus reserve has a break between every thousand
  • the morale and energy gain will be displayed when you put your horse in a meadow

However, there are some major changes like morale loss from competitions, the objectives, and removal of the vet.

Morale loss:

• This only applies to players with more than 30 days of seniority. 30 days will have the lowest impact of morale and it will change and get higher up to 120 days of seniority. From there, that rate will stay the same for anyone over that
  • If the horse already have less than 80% of morale, there will be no loss from competitions
  • The horse will lose morale due to it’s placing (first places won’t loose any, but the other placings will. Second place has the least loss and fifth has the most.
  • Also, if the horse already has high morale, it will lose more than a horse with a lower morale.

Objectives!

• This replaces the achievements and can now be found in your office.
  • Everyone is back at zero and this will also bring gifts
  • Only three are shown at a time and there is a total of 30 to complete
  • Once you complete one, there will be a validate button to the right that you can click to show the next objective

Wanna know what the objectives are? Take a look at these pages:

1. Objective Levels 1 to 10
  2. Objective Levels 11 to 20
  3. Objective Levels 21 to 30

Removal of the Vet

• The job position is removed this week
  • On August 3rd, foaling costs will drop to 500e each time, the prestige gain from the vet will changed to boarding percentage and number of horses. Now 20 horses must be boarded in your center in order to receive full boarding points
  • Lastly, the temporary employees will change from costing 100e for the first one, 200e for the second, and so on. This won’t come till after the August 3rd updates.

13 Responses to “Achievements Gone, Objectives Welcomed”

1. cravenon 20 Jul 2010 at 4:02 pm

I wish they would have at least warned us the achievements were going again. I’m also ‘stuck’ as a vet for the next 6 days. These objectives seem kind of easy compared to the achievements. I wish there were more of them.

2. Jessicaon 20 Jul 2010 at 4:26 pm

It was mentioned that more could be added. I’m pretty sure they will add more as many players completed them in a day and just had to wait for others to follow through (like waiting for the days to validate).

3. Craven2311on 21 Jul 2010 at 12:11 am

I hope so.. the prizes to these are kinda ehh.. lol.. poop? As a prize? A congrats from Ow? I think the Employee one was my favorite though… win… a regular salary lol. There’s got to be some medium between ‘breed twins with a GA pegasus’ and ‘sell twenty poop’ lol.

4. Jessicaon 21 Jul 2010 at 8:44 am

Haha, I know what you mean. I’m towards the end now and I’m just like, wait…where’s the BM items?! And I do wish the tasks could be slightly harder…there’s really no challenges with this one – name a horse Tip? I would have this for newer players and add a different for older, experienced players. They probably removed the achievements in the first place since their Black Market/passes sales were down. That was the easiest way to get BM items.

5. Brandy/brandygon 21 Jul 2010 at 12:50 pm

I haven’t seen where it says this anywhere, but you can now do 3 lessons a day with a single horse instead of 2. The third doesn’t count for skills gain, and you make 20e for it no matter what the lesson of the EC is. I like this as I have a lot of horses that I only use for lessons to make money, then for passes as they age. Hope they keep that one!!

I, too, am pretty disappointed about the new achievements. I can’t see how this helps pass purchase. I bought a lot of passes to make it thru the last achievements!! I have no motivation right now to buy any, why bother?

6. Jessicaon 21 Jul 2010 at 5:31 pm

I think they were maybe hoping that since not that many BM items will be given out through this new method, it would encourage pass buyers and players to purchase more passes to get the BM items for training. I didn’t think of your idea, with how you use passes to pass the achievements. Now it seems that Howrse didn’t quite do this for pass buying..? I don’t know anymore. :p

I guess I forgot to mention that. When you pass the tenth riding level, the reward is three lessons. However, you only get this if you are on achievement level nine. Since the achievements are gone, anyone who passes the 10th riding level will receive the third lesson.

7. Craven2311on 21 Jul 2010 at 11:12 pm

Am I the only one that the Howrse site has been down for for the last few hours?

8. Jessicaon 22 Jul 2010 at 8:36 am

They started a maintanace at 2 am GMT as they are moving to a new server. (This means more space for more features!!) They announced it would be over a four hour time period at the most, but it seems that they are still at maintenance, about 10 hours later. I’m not sure if there was a break in between or not since I was sleeping. xD

9. Ponyluv9on 13 Aug 2010 at 3:03 am

Jessica, with the 10th riding level third lesson thing, does that also mean that when you pass the 7th riding lesson you will also get your extra 2 breeding farms? Also does the third lesson apply to ALL your horses?

10. Jessicaon 13 Aug 2010 at 5:20 pm

Yes, it applies to all horses.
    I’m guessing you will. There has to be some way for players to have the chance to get more than 3 breeding farms.

11. Ponyluv9on 13 Aug 2010 at 3:06 am

*7th riding LEVEL. And if there are any more achievements things that have been changed into riding level ‘rewards’, would you mind listing them?

12. Jessicaon 13 Aug 2010 at 5:21 pm

..um, what do you mean?

13. Rainbow Luveron 13 Aug 2010 at 2:58 pm

I love these!
    They’re easier to work with, they validate once you’re finished, and they just seem quicker!
    I wish they would give better rewards though-like more BMs like the Acheivments.