Jul 22 2010

New Navigation!

Published by at 9:15 am under update

As you can probably see above, I coded a new navigation for HowrseHelper. I will be removing the side navigation for more space. If you bookmarked some pages, you may not have access to them anymore as I made new pages to organize the site more. (Example: Customized Layouts isn’t just HowrseHelper.com/customized-layouts – you now need to go to howrsehelper.com/layouts/customized-layouts.) What do you think? Leave your opinion in the new poll!

***Important: If you cannot view the navigation bar in a straight line, please let me know in the comments. Make sure to state what browser you are using. Or, it you can view it correctly, please let me know what browser you’re on. Thanks***

All should be well now! :D

10 Responses to “New Navigation!”

1. Jessicaon 22 Jul 2010 at 2:00 pm

the nav bar shows up on two lines with black around it. I am using Firefox on Windows 7. I can send you a screen clipping if you want.

2. funfettion 22 Jul 2010 at 3:25 pm

Extras and tips show up on the line below the rest. I am using firefox.

3. craven2311on 22 Jul 2010 at 3:30 pm

Riding levels, extras, and tips show up on a second line. I’m using Google’s Chrome browser

4. craven2311on 22 Jul 2010 at 3:32 pm

Incidentally… I pulled the site up in both Firefox and Internet Explorer 8 and it does the same thing in both of those. Sorry :(

5. Jessicaon 22 Jul 2010 at 3:39 pm

Thank you to those who’ve replied! There was an error in the coding that I need to fix. It should be up shortly! :)

6. craven2311on 22 Jul 2010 at 3:40 pm

Try taking “http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/294/filli.jpg” out of the nav menu and see if that helps drop it back over more?

7. Jessicaon 22 Jul 2010 at 5:51 pm

I had to use that at first so it wasn’t so close to the left. I took that out and put the set in a div coding. I was able to put it on one line, but I don’t know why it won’t stay in position if you were to zoom in and out of the page.

8. Jessicaon 22 Jul 2010 at 4:03 pm

It is now all on one line but it seems to be off about an inch to the left leaving a blank area and pushing some of the icons off the screen to the right

9. Jessicaon 22 Jul 2010 at 5:54 pm

I just can’t seem to win at this, huh? -_- I’ll keep brainstorming.

10. Craven2311on 22 Jul 2010 at 11:44 pm

Hmm.. maybe use relative vs. absolute positioning?
    My foggy CSS memory seems to think that this…

The “position:absolute:” will put it at that position exactly on the page vs. “position:relative:” will make it relative to the outer block or page