Sep 01 2010

Horse & Equestrian Center Updates

Published by at 10:01 pm under E-mail Newsletter

Along with the new objectives this week, Howrse added some new features/updates on the horses and ECs.

Horses:

• Instead of horses aging automatically when you log in, they will age once you visit their page.
  • When cross breeding, if the horse is then bred with the same breed, eventually the other breed will cancel out and the horse will become a purebred. This allowed players to mix the top skills of a horse and get an incredibly high GP. (Paints are now up to 31 stars or higher!) Now, when cross-breeds breed with a purebred, the other breed will always count in the generations to come. (Example: A Paint and Hunter are bred. Eventually, the Hunter will get smaller after a few generations. However, it will never disappear; when it gets lower, it will stay at 1 percent.

Equestrian Center:

• If a 18 meter box is found in a Horn of Abundance, it will automatically be reserved to you.
  • Temporary employees will now cost 40% more to encourage players to offer job positions for players.

I have also noticed small graphic changes..I’m not sure if these were added when I was away or not. The EC boarding page got a bit more fancier as well as the Private Messaging Page. (the tabs got smaller/changed color). I saw these little details..not sure about any more yet. ;)

15 Responses to “Horse & Equestrian Center Updates”

1. Eclipse295on 02 Sep 2010 at 5:46 pm

Sighthoundlady(sp?) said that she was told cross-to-pure breeding was a perfectly acceptable way to play the game.

Also they are getting way stricter on the forums(as in you can’t even answer the player’s question without getting reported)

2. Jessicaon 02 Sep 2010 at 8:05 pm

Really? Where did you hear about the gelding thing?
    That’s pretty crazy..I didn’t think Howrse would get that strict.

3. Ponyluv9on 03 Sep 2010 at 3:32 am

I don’t see how raising the temp. employees raise by 40% is going to help… if you want more REAL players to offer jobs, make THEIR pay higher. 70e is hardly any, it should be about 250e or something.

And with the gelding thing, what are they going to do to female horses?

4. Jessicaon 03 Sep 2010 at 5:46 pm

The originally lowered the temporary employee cost to 100e for the first, 200e for the second, and so on. I don’t see why..If anything I would have kept it at 250e then raised it 350e for the second.

5. Ponyluv9on 08 Sep 2010 at 5:25 am

They really are doing the gelding thing! o.O Also, they said that they’d give you another option though: If you don’t allow them to geld your horse, they will remove the horse but compensate you in passes… which I think is a bit unfair, unless you put BM items on your horse (and they compensate you according to that), as people seem to pay less passes that what the [BM items on the] horse is worth.

6. Jessicaon 08 Sep 2010 at 8:05 pm

Wow. :O It will make the game a bit more fair and keep it going longer so there aren’t crazy skilled horses. They were improving very fast. I suppose it won’t be too bad, but a lot of players will be disappointed since they will have to build back up to that.

7. diamondon 03 Oct 2010 at 8:35 am

hello i am wondering about something two things. one is, how do i cancel my stay at an equestrian center, and my friend got a red bay overo marwarie, and i got a cherry bay tabino marwarie, and we were just wondering that where did red bay come from we never heard of it?

8. Jessicaon 03 Oct 2010 at 5:46 pm

You can’t cancel the boarding unless if you just bought the horse. Sorry (if that’s the case, it’s at the EC tab on the horse’s page).

Hm…not sure.

9. nicole04on 22 Jan 2011 at 10:45 pm

What is the best breed to cross breed with Appaloosa’s to make them better?

10. Jessicaon 23 Jan 2011 at 8:36 pm

It depends what you want them to improve in. I suggest asking an Appy breeder. ;)

11. RawkStaron 05 May 2011 at 11:46 am

“With the cross breeding thing they are going to go around and geld other players horses. (with out asking) and are going to loose a lot of players.”

I am a relatively new player and while I’ve read up on as much as I can I’ve yet to read anything (except here) relating to this comment. Can someone explain in more detail what this means?

I understand what Gelding means, but WHO is going to go around and “geld other players’ horses?” How can anyone do anything to a horse owned by another?

I guess I’m just confused about the whole thing and can’t find other info about it.

Thanks in advance!

12. Jessicaon 05 May 2011 at 6:30 pm

That’s great you’re trying to catch up on all of Howrse’s updates! However, be sure to check the date these posts were added; this was added September of 2010. The creators of Howrse were gelding other horses I believe…like I said, this was some time ago, so I don’t remember much. This can just be ignored, as it shouldn’t impact your game now. ;)

13. Emma-x-Janeon 30 Jul 2011 at 6:15 am

Does anybody know if I just imagined this but I remember reading somewhere something about making a horse 25% of four different breeds. I can’t find it anywhere. Does anybody know what I’m talking about or where I can find it? Thanks ;) x

14. Jessicaon 30 Jul 2011 at 9:28 am

Yes – that’s from the achievements on either level 10 or VIP. The achievements were removed about a year ago after they added the objectives.

15. Emma-x-Janeon 31 Jul 2011 at 2:12 pm

Okay, thanks. I remember doing the achievements and being really gutted when I got to level 8 and then they vanished. Thanks again. <3 x